Friday, June 14, 2013

Just in time

We close at 9pm. Every single weeknight, every single one of our stores. The hours are posted on our doors, in the flyer, in the newspaper, on google. It is also common knowledge. However despite all this and against all odds a huge amount of customers believe that we are open 24 hours a day. I love when customers stroll through my line at 9:10 and say to me, "I made it just in time!" Uh, no you didn't. We closed 10 minutes ago. You are rude and inconsiderate. And then they have the gall to make demands. "Can I have paper in plastic?" No, you can have plastic and you can like it. So 9:15 rolls around and we still have 6 registers open. Are you kidding me? This happens almost every single night. 

Tonight, however, I witnessed a new low.   It is 9:20 and we have finally closed all but one registers when my manager starts walking towards the door. I look and see a man knocking on our locked door. Erin opens the door and the man runs in saying, "I'm so sorry, I'll be really quick! I need pasta!" There are so many things wrong with this. First, if you were really sorry you would not be here right now. Second, I don't care how quick you think you are I was ready to go home 20 minutes ago. And third, Walmart is RIGHT NEXT DOOR. I honestly cannot believe people are this selfish. I don't live to serve you. I barely tolerate you until 9:00 and at that exact time i cease to care. 

I would never try to get into a store after they were closed. Who does that?! I think we should just have a giant power switch that turns everything of at exactly 9:00. "Oh, too bad you did not make it in time you can go home now." Unfortunately it goes more like this, "Thank you very much, have a great night!"

No comments:

Post a Comment